User:Paulproteus/Temporary chapter registration
Registering your chapter
So that we know about your existence, we'd love it if you'd register your chapter. It's not too hard a process, but it is a little clunky. So pay attention to this guide!
Step 1: Log in
Go to http://freeculture.org:8081/catwalk/ and log in. Someone with super awesome powers can tell you the current temporary username and password.
Step 2: Create yourself
Click on "Contact" on the left, and then click on "Add contact". Fill out the form and tell us who you are.
Step 3: Create your school
Click on "School" on the left, and then click on "Add school". You must fill in these fields:
- name (of the school, not of yourself!)
Do not worry about "address2" (unless your school has a two-line address, in which case use that) or longitude or latitude or plus4 or modified_at or created_at unless you know that what you put there is correct.
Step 4: Create your chapter!
This is the really important part. Sorry about the fields being in a seemingly random order. Here's what they mean:
- wiki: A link to your chapter's wiki, if you have one
- budget: Does your chapter have a budget? True/False
- ship_pk: Does your chapter want Public Knowledge to send you goodies?
- school: The ID number (blah, I know) of the school that you created in step 3
- is_approved; Leave this to False for now!
- ship_eff: Does your chapter want goodies from the Electronic Frontier Foundation?
- blog: The full web address of your chapter's blog, if you have one
- contact: The ID number (blah, I know) of the contact you created in step 2
- budgetsize: If you have a budget, how big is it?
- subdomain: If you want a whatever.freeculture.org subdomain, the whatever part here.
- registered: Uh, leave this blank - what is it for?
- is_active: Set this to true if your chapter is active!
- paid_fc_shirts: FIXME: !?!
- members: How many members have you?
- coremembers: How many decision-making members do you have? Some clubs call this the "board of officers".
- ship_cc: Do you want Creative Commons to send you goodies?
- mailinglist: Enter the full web address for a link to information about your email list, if you have one
- name: What's the name of your club?
- created_at: Set this to now (click on the date icon)
- modified_at: Set this to now (click on the date icon)
- uri: The full web address of your chapter's web site, if you have one
- ship_fc_shirts: Do you want us to send you FreeCulture.org shirts?