Archive:Open University Campaign
The Wheeler Declaration
An open university is one in which
- The research the university produces is open access.
- The course materials are open educational resources.
- The university embraces free software and open standards.
- If the university holds patents, it readily licenses them for free software, essential medicines, and the public good.
- The university network reflects the open nature of the internet.
where "university" includes all parts of the community: students, faculty, administration.
Steps in an Open University Campaign
- Define best practices for each criteria
- Research universities' statuses
- Educate and help universities to move towards openness
- Grade universities
Open University Promotional Materials in progress
Versions of this document: