- Bugs can be filed on our bug tracker on Launchpad.
- Status like emergencies or downtime are tracked on http://fcostatus.wordpress.com/.
- 1 Specific responsibilities
- 2 General responsibilities
- 3 Process
- 4 Active members (IRC username)
- 4.1 Asheesh Laroia (paulproteus)
- 4.2 Chris Wilkinson (cwilkin)
- 4.3 Abhay Kumar (aranis)
- 4.4 Karen Rustad (mllerustad)
- 4.5 Nelson Pavlosky (skyfaller)
- 4.6 Pascal Klein (klepas)
- 4.7 Scott Shawcroft (tannewt)
- 4.8 Matthew Vermeulen (MatthewV)
- 4.9 Parker Phinney (pyrak/gameguy43/teh_parkerer)
- 4.10 Tony Biondo (tonyb2007/tonyb2008/tonyb486)
- 4.11 Sawyer Pangborn (SPangborn)
- 4.12 Courtney Thurston (Cthurs)
- 5 Meetings
- 6 Theoretical members
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
Being drafted at Web Team/Responsibilities
Keep the website functioning
Nothing on the current website should break. Our pages must continue to be accessible, and software must continue to work.
- Accept bug reports. We must have a way for people to tell the webteam what is broken
- Fix the bugs. There must be a way to assign people to bugs and get them working on the bugs. (and determine when the bugs are fixed, and close the bug.)
When the organization needs the website to do new things, the web team must figure out how to implement these new mission objectives.
Make the website prettier and more user-friendly
- Graphics design - this may eventually belong to a separate Graphics team, but until then the web team will have to handle this themselves (or use friends and acquaintances).
- Reorganization - If the website is difficult to navigate, content must be moved around until we have a clean, logical structure
- Active members should idle on #freeculture whenever possible.
- For statements that need to be recorded, like when you make a change server-side, always send an e-mail to the webteam mailing list. It's important we all have a copy of such things for reference.
- Active members should be part of our Launchpad bug tracking network! If you are not already a member see Webteam Bug Tracking.
Active members (IRC username)
Asheesh Laroia (paulproteus)
Web Team Leader: I run this shop.
- Contact info: See http://www.asheesh.org/
- Wants to do: sysadmin tasks, database maintenance
- I am responsible for making sure the server stays up. That means that if it's down, you talk to me first. I'll file support tickets with whoever upstream.
- Can do: Program in Python, hack PHP and Ruby and Perl
- May learn: anything...?
- Does not want to do: web design.
- Time commitment: As little as necessary. See also the three virtues.
Chris Wilkinson (cwilkin)
- Speciality: Organization, Graphic Design
- Time Commitment: As much as needed
- Wants to: Return from being a wandering vagrant to actually accomplishing things again.
Abhay Kumar (aranis)
Mercenary Geek: I'm like an an 'observer state' at the UN. I can be tasked as necessary.
- Wants to do: growth vision (aka 'brand management', including design and presence), coding tasks.
- Can do: program in php / ruby
- May learn: as needed
- Does not want to do: TBD
- Time commitment: Few hours a week. I have a full time job plus my few hours a week reserved for Wordpress leaves a few more hours to sleep, eat, etc.
Karen Rustad (mllerustad)
- Contact info: User:Karen
- Wants to do: Graphics, web design, basic maintenance
- Can do: Draw pretty things, edit content, work with mailing lists, write HTML, write CSS cannibalize other existing code
- May learn: PHP
- Does not want to do: Things that are over my head, unless someone can teach me how
- Time commitment: Couple hours a week. Also dealing with the Core Team.
Nelson Pavlosky (skyfaller)
Liaison with the Board of Directors
- Contact info: User:Skyfaller
- Wants to do: General goal-setting, finding/reporting bugs
- Can do: content editing, distributing passwords and privileges, giving new web team members tours of the website's internals, basic maintenance
- Does not want to do: any web development or design
- Time commitment: FreeCulture.org is my life, but I don't want to be involved with the web team, I want to work on other parts of the org. The web team needs to free me up for other jobs.
Pascal Klein (klepas)
Aspired digital pixel junkie (read: graphic designer)
- Contact info: User:Klepas
- Wants to do: graphic and web design, general management
- Can do: Gimping, Inkscaping, some CSS and XHTML
- May learn: Blendering, Python and/or PHP and more CSS
- Does not want to do: anything I can't or someone else could do much better.
- Time commitment: a few hours a week.
Scott Shawcroft (tannewt)
Aspiring free culture guru and artist supporter.
- Contact info: User:tannewt
- Wants to do: website programming and general promotion.
- Can do: PHP, Python, MySQL
- May learn: Stuff I don't know currently.
- Doesn't want to do: graphics.
- Time commitment: a few hours a week.
Matthew Vermeulen (MatthewV)
- Contact info: User:MatthewV
- Wants to do: Web stuff - site building design etc.
- May learn: what I need to know for whatever I'm working on ;)
- Doesn't want to do: Hmm.. ask me to do something and find out
- Time commitment: hours during holidays, minutes otherwise
Parker Phinney (pyrak/gameguy43/teh_parkerer)
Freelance Web Developer
- Contact info: User:gameguy43
- Wants to do: Simple PHP maintenance / semanticize xhtml and css / organize web team
- Can do: PHP, SQL, XHTML, CSS, beginning to dabble in JS
- May learn: JS, especially unobtrusive DOM-utilizing methods
- Doesn't want to do: invalid html. use messy code. i like clean
- Time commitment: this is on the high end of my list of priorities. ping me and i can take care of it, provided i don't have a physics test the next day.
Tony Biondo (tonyb2007/tonyb2008/tonyb486)
- Contact info: User:tonyb
- Wants to do: PHP, CSS, Python, Linux/unix administration
- Can do: PHP, SQL, XHTML, CSS, Python minimal JS
- May learn: JS
- Doesn't want to do: No felonys.
- Time commitment: I'm incredibly bored most of the time and an IRC addict, highlight me on IRC - please!
Sawyer Pangborn (SPangborn)
Graphics/Web aficionado, musician and general geek
- Contact info: User:spangborn
- Wants to do: PHP, XHTML, CSS, JS
- Can do: Java, Bash Scripting, Simple PHP, XHTML/CSS Validation/Coding, Graphics Work
- May learn: Advanced PHP, SQL, JS
- Doesn't want to do: I guess we'll find out.
- Time commitment: A few hours a week, when I'm not busy being a Computer Science major
Courtney Thurston (Cthurs)
- Contact info: User:Curston
- Wants to do: General maintenance, anything else needed
- Doesn't want to do: Remains to be seen. I'm not so adept to graphic design, so I suppose nothing of that nature.
- Time commitment: Computer addict. Usually online most days except for Saturdays.
- Abhay Kumar (New York University)
- Andy Scudder (University of Evansville)
- Antti Vilpponen
- Aphid Stern (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Asheesh Laroia (Johns Hopkins University)
- Ben Blonder (Swarthmore College)
- Cameron Parkins (University of Southern California)
- Chris Butts (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Desirina Boskovich (Emory University)
- Downhill Battle
- Eldo Varghese (University of Florida)
- Erek Dyskant (Swarthmore College)
- Eric Bailey (Mounds Park Academy)
- Gavin Baker (University of Florida)
- J.C. Jones (University of Florida)
- Karen Rustad (Claremont Consortium)
- Matt Lee
- Miles Skorpen (Swarthmore College)
- Nelson Pavlosky (Swarthmore College)
- Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock (Franklin & Marshall College)
- Rebekah Baglini (Bryn Mawr College)
- Rob Matthews (Swarthmore College)
- Sophie Hwang (Cornell University)
- Sawyer Pangborn (University of Utah)
- Website documentation
- Hosting chapters
- Intro To Web Team
- Website road map X (didnt really happen, probably not appropriate for this project)
- Web Team/Status X (historical)
- Web Team to-do list X (we use launchpad instead)