What a mission statement should contain
- Who make up the members of this organization
- What we do (Purpose) or why we were formed
- Who we serve when we do what we do (Stakeholders)
- What makes us different from similar organisations like PK ()
Draft of mission statement
- Technology has radically changed how ideas, creative works, etc are produced, exchanged and consumed.
- The proliferation of cheap computing power has democratized the production of creative works, and the advent of the Internet has democratized the process of publishing.
- The current system of intellectual property laws that we have now have been put in place by the copyright-based industries....
- Mission Statement
- Free Culture is a student-founded student-run organization, formed in 200X and now has chapters in colleges and universities across the United States as well has (**other countries here). Our purpose is to promote awareness among students, teachers, school administrators, of the issues in the current system of intellectual property laws, foster greater debate on these issues, and promote (in general) a more balanced regime of intellectual property laws,(**need to clarify our stand here! -Ben Li) and make our views known to the lawmakers that represent us. Most importantly, we work to maintain the freedom to build upon the work of others. It is this freedom that underpins the very process of creativity, and this freedom that is being threatened in this time. (this last part needs work)