Difference between revisions of "Archive:2008-07-27"
(→Minutes: how to re-register)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
====How to re-register====
====How to re-register====
Go to [[Chapters]] and find your chapter's page
Click on "edit" and update the contact information for your chapter liaison (if it has changed)
Update other chapter information (if it has changed)
Write "Registered for the 2008-2009 school year" at the bottom of the page and sign it (type in to sign it automatically)
Have some chocolate.
Revision as of 00:34, 28 July 2008
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
If you put your ?def into jibot, it makes introductions go a LOT faster. If you have no idea what this means, we'll explain in the meeting :)
Re-registering chapters for 08-09
In order to remain an official chapter, you have to re-register! This is extra important if your official chapter contact is graduating, we need to know how to get in touch with you.
- Explanation of how you go about re-registering.
Remind everyone about this video contest that we are co-sponsoring. Make a video demonstrating the value of information sharing, have a chance to win $1000!
Open Access Awareness Day
SPARC wants to co-sponsor an open access awareness day with us and many others in October sometime.
- What would be a good date? A couple weeks after the Berkeley conference?
- What activities / materials / media would be good for an open access awareness day?
- Sparky Awards entries are due at end of November, any way to work the Sparky Awards in?
SFC conference at UC Berkeley Oct 11-12
We're going to have a conference! What should we do there?
- network with other student groups, such as UAEM
- work on open access awareness day, Sparky Awards?
Explain what the core team is, and why people should come to its meetings.
- set up Doodle.ch poll to determine the next meeting time?
It would be really nice to have SFC literature to give to our chapters. Why don't we produce some?
Anyone want to help blog on the SFC blog? Nelson or any other web team member should be able to give you blogging privileges.
- Blogging guidelines
Q & A / Open discussion
Do new chapters have any questions about starting a chapter? Do people have ideas for projects that SFC should consider supporting? Discuss those things or anything else that comes to mind!
Alex Kozak (Berkeley), Conley (VT), Ryan Hagood (Berea), Kevin Driscoll (MIT), David Riordan (Hamilton), Mark Sisley (UF), Sam (San Diego), Rich Jones (BU), Chris (Madison), Tony (Syosset HS), Nelson Pavlosky (Swat alum, GMU Law theoretically), Karen Rustad (FC5C alum), Asheesh Laroia (the Internet)
You need to re-register your chapter for this next school year. Otherwise we'll think you're defunct and remove you. :( :( :(
How to re-register
- Go to Chapters and find your chapter's page
- Click on "edit" and update the contact information for your chapter liaison (if it has changed)
- Update other chapter information (if it has changed)
- Write "Registered for the 2008-2009 school year" at the bottom of the page and sign it (type four tildes in a row to sign it automatically)
- Have some chocolate.