- 1 Who am I?
- 2 2011 summer travel
- 3 2008 travel
- 4 2007 travel
Who am I?
I'm Asheesh Laroia. I was once a current student at the Johns Hopkins University. See asheesh.org.
2011 summer travel
- July 14: Amtrak to Philadelphia
- Leave BOS 3:20 pm, Thu, Jul 14, 2011
- Arrive PHL 9:25 pm, Thu, Jul 14, 2011
- July 15: Scalathon; I must be in Philadelphia
- July 17: Scalathon over
- July 19: Get to NYC
- July 22 9:25 PM: Leave JFK 
- July 23 11:15 AM: Land at FRA
- July 23 3:55 PM: Flight from FRA to ZAG.  Arrive 5:15 PM.
- July 23: (I may arrive in Banja Luka for Debconf)
- July 31: I must leave Debconf
- July 31 morning: Drive to France; crash in Moulins
- Aug 1 (PLANNED UNBOOKED): Take a train to Paris
- Aug 5 evening: EasyJet 4267 from ORLY (Depart: 9:15 PM. Arrive SXF 10:50 PM) 
- August 6 morning: I must be in Berlin for Desktop summit 
- August 9-12: Non-talk stuff at Desktop Summit
- August 12 evening: Desktop Summit over
- Aug 14: Get back to US from Berlin, 1PM AirBerlin 
- Cities and their sleeping plans:
- Philadelphia: friends
- NYC: Chris
- Banja Luka: Debconf
- Moulins: David Prévot
- Paris: Zack
- Berlin: Michelle Thorne
Hints for travel planning
Between US and Debconf:
- Kayak finds quite cheap Iceland Express flights, BOS to SXF, departing Wed Jul 20
- I can get to Paris for the same price
- It's $100ish by train to get to Marseille, about 3.5h on TGV
- To get to Debconf, I could (?)
Between Debconf and Berlin:
- Germany is geographically between Debconf and Western Europe, so it doesn't make oodles of sense to go somewhere on Western Europe in between
- Easy to get there from Prague, supposedly
ICFP Programming Contest
- Noon Fri Jul 11 Pacific until Noon Mon Jul 14
- Preferably on-site with Venk etc. in Baltimore
- Overnight flights with AirTran are <$250, waking up in Baltimore on Friday around 9 am
See East coasters?
- R in Philadelphia
- Blake in NYC (probably not necessary)
- Nelson and Gaurav in DC
- Mom and Dad - maybe Airtran out to Rochester Monday night, then to one of these other people...
Last HOPE in NYC
- Fri morning Jul 18 to Sunday night Jul 20
- Sun Jul 20: JFK 7:35 PM, PDX 10:35 PM Jetblue nonstop $275
OSCON in Portland
- Mon Jul 21 to Fri Jul 25
- first night Sun Jul 20
- last night: Fri Jul 25
- There are many <$150 flights from PDX to SFO (mostly United?) during Sat Jul 26
Stay in Portland and see people?
- Kees will surely be around during OSCON, at least
Go back to SF for the end of July?
- Back to work July 28
- Work for 3-5 days
- Leave for Argentina Thu Jul 31 or Fri Aug 1
Chill in Argentina
Debconf in Mar del Plata 
- Sat Aug 9: Room and food are available. OK to arrive Sat Aug 9 and sleep in Debconf land.
- Sun Aug 10: First Debconf talks
- Wed Aug 13: Day trip!
- Sat Aug 16: Last day of talks, last night of food + room.
- Sun Aug 17: Should leave in morning.
Back to SF
- Mon Aug 18: Hopefully back to work as normal. Shame the interns are gone! (Their last day is Fri Aug 15, hopelessly for me.)
- Erased, left to page history. But I still link to who paid for what.
Flight 1 Information – Sun 20 Jul 2008 Delta
Flight 5089 Departs: 10:59a John F Kennedy Intl (JFK) Arrives: 12:31p Monroe County (ROC) Coach | Aircraft: Canadair Regional Jet | 1h 32m
Flight 2 Information – Thu 24 Jul 2008
Flight 5157 Departs: 6:15p Monroe County (ROC) Arrives: 7:55p Cinci./ N. Kentucky (CVG) Coach | Aircraft: Canadair Regional Jet | 1h 40m [ Layover in Cincinnati, OH (CVG) for 0h 55m ]
Flight 1565 Departs: 8:50p Cinci./ N. Kentucky (CVG) Arrives: 10:28p Portland (PDX) Coach | Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 (winglets) Passenger | 4h 38m
Flight 3 Information – Sun 27 Jul 2008
Flight 1171 Departs: 5:42p Portland (PDX) Arrives: 7:30p San Francisco (SFO) Coach | Aircraft: 320 | 1h 48m
Flight 4 Information – Thu 31 Jul 2008 This flight leaves on Thursday and arrives on Friday.
Flight 1144 Departs: 1:15p San Francisco (SFO) Arrives: 6:55p Dallas/ Ft Worth Intl (DFW) Coach | Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas MD-83 | 3h 40m [ Layover in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) for 0h 40m ]
Flight 997 Departs: 7:35p Dallas/ Ft Worth Intl (DFW) Arrives: 8:05a Ministro Pistarini (EZE) Coach | Aircraft: Boeing 767-300 Passenger | 10h 30m
Flight 5 Information – Sat 9 Aug 2008 This flight leaves on Saturday and arrives on Sunday.
Flight 908 Departs: 10:25p Ministro Pistarini (EZE) Arrives: 6:20a Miami (MIA) Coach | Aircraft: Boeing 777 | 8h 55m [ Layover in Miami, FL (MIA) for 1h 45m ]
Flight 1054 Departs: 8:05a Miami (MIA) Arrives: 10:30a Reagan- National (DCA) Coach | Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 Passenger | 2h 25m Airfare Taxes & Fees Total Cost CheapTickets.com $1328.00 $548.87 $1876.87 select