(Redirected from Recommended)
This page is deprecated in favor of the Chapter Kickstarter'
Media that free culture advocates might find interesting.
- Free CultureBy Lawrence Lessig, Keynote Speaker at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention 2002, San Diego
- In his address before a packed house at the Open Source Convention, Lawrence Lessig challenges the audience to get more involved in the political process. Lawrence, a tireless advocate for open source, is a professor of law at Stanford Law School and the founder of the school's Center for Internet and Society. He is also the author of the best-selling book Code, and Other Laws of Cyberspace. Here is the complete transcript of Lawrence's keynote presentation made on July 24, 2002.
- Transcript, MP3, Ogg
- "The Future of Intellectual Property on the Internet"
- A debate from October 1, 2000 at Harvard between Free Culture author Lawerence Lessig and former head of the MPAA Jack Valenti over the impact of the Internet on copyright law. RealVideo, Approx. 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Creative Commons Videos - short and to-the-point, these videos are great for introducing people to the concept of the Creative Commons
- Feature-length Films
- Copyright Criminals - a film being developed by Kimbrew McLeod, most well-known for his trademarking of the phrase "Freedom of Expression". Although still not complete, a trailer is availble for viewing.
- Alternative Freedom - another film in development about this war on freedom
- Outfoxed - examines how media empires, led by Rupert Murdoch's Fox News, have been running a "race to the bottom" in television news
- Manufacturing Consent - a classic film from Noam Chomsky's book that illustrates how media corporations are at the bidding of their advertisers, who control what can and cannot be published
- Sources of Creative Commons Music
- Podcast shows