Archive:2005-12-27 board meeting
continue agenda of 2005-12-18 board meeting
- brief bio of each board member
- announce new board on blog
Agenda for Harvard
see Board meeting
Below are issues the board should address. We need to decide which we want to accomplish at Harvard, and which to work on afterwards.
- Mission statement (Statement of Values) - needed for future funding. Important for internal understanding of the org; also helps shape legislative policies.
- Legislative Principles and 2006-2007 Policy Paper - needed for November elections. Important for interal understanding / consensus of org policies.
- statement of values
- organizing principles
- Organizational structure, esp. internationally
- Funding and 501(c)(3) status
- Helping the chapters
- Networking with other organizations, parties, businesses
Attendance: Nelson, Fred, Karen, Gavin, Elizabeth
- Due Thursday--will blog after those get posted
- FL taken care of, but need to do federal taxes
- Wing-Yee Pavlosky (Nelson's mom) voted in as FreeCulture.org's official treasurer--yay!
- Mission statement
- Is trying to bring together other Free Culture-related groups (CC, EFF, etc.) part of our mission or strategy?
- "intellectual property policy"? "copyright, patent, and trademark policy"?
- Second draft posted
- Spec'ing out each of the documents
- Other documents
- Organizing principles
- Cultural policy paper?
- The original four are the ones we want to get done at Harvard...?
- Massive arguments/existential crises of doom