Archive:Pick a meeting time
If you want to pick a meeting time, follow these steps.
These are loosely based on the Bay Area Debian shotgun rules for organizing meetings. Since you're organizing the meeting, you have to be there.
Here's what you do:
- Figure out some times that work for you.
- Create a poll on doodle.com or whenisgood.com that will let people say when they can come.
- Optional, but good: Decide on the objective of the meeting, to motivate people to attend. (See also this tutorial on organizing meetings.)
- In your mind, set a deadline for the date you're going to pick the meeting time.
- Email the poll information (including the poll administrative information) to the webteam list.
Sample time poll email
From: LC <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: webteam at freeculture.org Subject: Meeting planning: Pick a date We need to pick a meeting time for the Web Team meeting. So here's a poll link: http://example.com/poll-link And here's a link to the admin interface for the poll, so we can all see each other's answers: http://example.com/poll-admin-link We're going to choose the meeting by Tuesday, January 3, 1987. I'll make a call based on what people say in the poll. (Optional: The meeting's purpose is to decide how we can frob the fibnitzer. We will write up a full agenda once we've picked the date.) Let us know if you can make it by filling out the poll! Sincerely, L. Cohen ---8<---