Difference between revisions of "Archive:Pick a meeting time"
Revision as of 04:51, 22 November 2010
If you want to pick a meeting time, follow these steps.
These are loosely based on the Bay Area Debian shotgun rules for organizing meetings. Since you're organizing the meeting, you have to be there. You can request help from other people to set the agenda.
Here's what you do:
- Figure out some times that work for you.
- Create a poll on doodle.com or whenisgood.com that will let people say when they can come.
- Optional, but good: Decide on the objective of the meeting, to motivate people to attend. (See also this tutorial on organizing meetings.)
- In your mind, set a deadline for the date you're going to pick the meeting time.
- Email the poll information (including the poll administrative information) to the webteam list.
Sample time poll email
From: Some Body <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: webteam at freeculture.org Subject: Meeting planning: Pick a date We need to pick a meeting time for the Web Team meeting. So here's a poll link: http://example.com/poll-link The B.A.D. meeting for this month will be held at Munster's Pizza Parlor on April 10th, 2002 at 1313 Mockingbird Lane in Berkeley at 7:30PM. Munster's is at the corner of Mockingbird and Yourtown Street on the Number 17 AC Transit line. It is a 2 block walk from the Northside BART station. I will be organizing a PGP key-signing. If you want to participate, please send me your OpenPGP public key by noon on April 10th. See you there, ~ESP ---8<---