Difference between revisions of "Archive:Meetings"

From FreeCulture.org
Jump to: navigation, search
m (November: + 2005-11-20, 2005-11-27)
m (renaming sections)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The agenda and the minutes for each meeting go on the same page.  So, if you want to lay out an agenda for our next conference call, create a page for that date, and write the agenda there.  Afterwards, add the minutes to that page.
 
The agenda and the minutes for each meeting go on the same page.  So, if you want to lay out an agenda for our next conference call, create a page for that date, and write the agenda there.  Afterwards, add the minutes to that page.
  
==2004-2005 school year==
+
==2004-2005 academic year==
===January===
+
===January 2005===
 
* [[2005-01-02]] - our first minutes page!
 
* [[2005-01-02]] - our first minutes page!
 
* [[2005-01-03]] - AIM chat about [[Spring 2005 Strategy Paper | Spring '05 internal strategy paper]], etc.
 
* [[2005-01-03]] - AIM chat about [[Spring 2005 Strategy Paper | Spring '05 internal strategy paper]], etc.
Line 16: Line 16:
 
* [[2005-01-30]] - Conference Call with Colin Mutchler to discuss the Free Culture Tour and more on the video and Eyes on the Screen
 
* [[2005-01-30]] - Conference Call with Colin Mutchler to discuss the Free Culture Tour and more on the video and Eyes on the Screen
  
===February===
+
===February 2005===
 
* [[2005-02-02]] - Conference call on the [[video project]], putting CC-licensed content on p2p networks, orphan works commenting page, how frequent our calls will be, DRM and Open access projects.
 
* [[2005-02-02]] - Conference call on the [[video project]], putting CC-licensed content on p2p networks, orphan works commenting page, how frequent our calls will be, DRM and Open access projects.
 
 
* [[2005-02-06]] - Orphan works, open access, status updates
 
* [[2005-02-06]] - Orphan works, open access, status updates
 
* [[2005-02-13]] - adopting CC attribution license, EU software patents, official listing of chapters
 
* [[2005-02-13]] - adopting CC attribution license, EU software patents, official listing of chapters
Line 24: Line 23:
 
* [[2005-02-27]] - Ideology, updates, P2P@Colby
 
* [[2005-02-27]] - Ideology, updates, P2P@Colby
  
===March===
+
===March 2005===
 
* [[2005-03-02]] - How to start a chapter, what vocabulary to use, how to frame the issues
 
* [[2005-03-02]] - How to start a chapter, what vocabulary to use, how to frame the issues
 
* [[2005-03-06]] - Working on Blogshine, UAEM conference in SF, Copyfight documentary
 
* [[2005-03-06]] - Working on Blogshine, UAEM conference in SF, Copyfight documentary
Line 33: Line 32:
 
* [[2005-03-30]] - Local updates, Eben Moglen, how do we increase attendance on these calls?
 
* [[2005-03-30]] - Local updates, Eben Moglen, how do we increase attendance on these calls?
  
===April===
+
===April 2005===
 
* [[2005-04-03]]
 
* [[2005-04-03]]
 
* [[2005-04-10]]
 
* [[2005-04-10]]
Line 39: Line 38:
 
* [[2005-04-24]]
 
* [[2005-04-24]]
  
===May===
+
===May 2005===
 
* [[2005-05-01]] - outlined summer plans
 
* [[2005-05-01]] - outlined summer plans
 
* [[2005-05-08]] - incorporation
 
* [[2005-05-08]] - incorporation
Line 48: Line 47:
 
==Summer 2005==
 
==Summer 2005==
  
===June===
+
===June 2005===
 
* [[2005-06-01]] - packet, website, steering committee for incorporation/non-profit stuff.
 
* [[2005-06-01]] - packet, website, steering committee for incorporation/non-profit stuff.
 
* [[2005-06-05]] - Defcon trip, t-shirts, board member criteria.
 
* [[2005-06-05]] - Defcon trip, t-shirts, board member criteria.
Line 59: Line 58:
 
* [[2005-06-26]] - Can we hammer out the org structure already?
 
* [[2005-06-26]] - Can we hammer out the org structure already?
  
===July===
+
===July 2005===
 
* [[2005-07-03]] - Grokster, Mailing list changes, Reminder to Wiki more
 
* [[2005-07-03]] - Grokster, Mailing list changes, Reminder to Wiki more
 
* [[2005-07-10]] - Defcon, t-shirts, .. ?
 
* [[2005-07-10]] - Defcon, t-shirts, .. ?
Line 66: Line 65:
 
* [[2005-07-31]] - postponed to [[2005-08-01]]
 
* [[2005-07-31]] - postponed to [[2005-08-01]]
  
===August===
+
===August 2005===
 
Also known as, "The month for starting new chapters"
 
Also known as, "The month for starting new chapters"
 
* [[2005-08-01]] - IRC meeting to talk about the [[Free Culture Manifesto | manifesto]].
 
* [[2005-08-01]] - IRC meeting to talk about the [[Free Culture Manifesto | manifesto]].
Line 75: Line 74:
 
* [[2005-08-28]] - The conference call that didn't happen?... the Trademark paper was the only thing on the agenda.
 
* [[2005-08-28]] - The conference call that didn't happen?... the Trademark paper was the only thing on the agenda.
  
==2005-2006 school year==
+
==2005-2006 academic year==
===September===
+
===September 2005===
 
* [[2005-09-04]] - Ideas for chapter activities
 
* [[2005-09-04]] - Ideas for chapter activities
 
* [[2005-09-11]] - Initial reports from our new chapters?
 
* [[2005-09-11]] - Initial reports from our new chapters?
Line 82: Line 81:
 
* [[2005-09-24]] - T-shirts, CopyNight, Jimbo Wales
 
* [[2005-09-24]] - T-shirts, CopyNight, Jimbo Wales
  
===October===
+
===October 2005===
 
* [[2005-10-02]] - Cereal Solidarity, miscellanea
 
* [[2005-10-02]] - Cereal Solidarity, miscellanea
 
* [[2005-10-09]] - Let's talk about spaceships, or anything but you and me, ok?
 
* [[2005-10-09]] - Let's talk about spaceships, or anything but you and me, ok?
Line 89: Line 88:
 
* [[2005-10-30]] - Checklist for new chapters, registration form?
 
* [[2005-10-30]] - Checklist for new chapters, registration form?
  
===November===
+
===November 2005===
 
* [[2005-11-06]] - Working with IPac, how can we get our chapters more politically active?
 
* [[2005-11-06]] - Working with IPac, how can we get our chapters more politically active?
 
* [[2005-11-13]] - New conference call policy
 
* [[2005-11-13]] - New conference call policy
Line 95: Line 94:
 
* [[2005-11-20]] - ([[Core Team]])
 
* [[2005-11-20]] - ([[Core Team]])
 
* [[2005-11-27]] - ([[Chapters]])
 
* [[2005-11-27]] - ([[Chapters]])
 +
* [[2005-11-30]] - ([[Web Team]])
 +
 +
===December 2005===
 +
* [[2005-12-04]] - ([[Core Team]])
 +
* [[2005-12-07]] - (community chat)
 +
* [[2005-12-11]] - ([[Chapters]])
 +
* [[2005-12-14]] - ([[Web Team]])
 +
* [[2005-12-18]] - ([[Core Team]])
 +
* 2005-12-25 - ([[Chapters]]) '''cancelled'''
 +
* 2005-12-28 - ([[Web Team]]) '''cancelled'''
 +
 +
===January 2006===
 +
* 2006-01-01 - ([[Core Team]]) '''cancelled'''
 +
* 2006-01-04 - (community chat) '''rescheduled to [[2005-01-11]]'''
 +
* [[2006-01-08]] - ([[Chapters]])
 +
* [[2005-01-11]] - (community chat)
 +
* 2005-01-11 - ([[Web Team]]) '''cancelled'''
 +
* [[2005-01-15]] - ([[Core Team]])
 +
* [[2005-01-22]] - ([[Chapters]])
 +
* [[2005-01-25]] - ([[Web Team]])

Revision as of 09:10, 19 November 2005

The agenda and the minutes for each meeting go on the same page. So, if you want to lay out an agenda for our next conference call, create a page for that date, and write the agenda there. Afterwards, add the minutes to that page.

2004-2005 academic year

January 2005

February 2005

  • 2005-02-02 - Conference call on the video project, putting CC-licensed content on p2p networks, orphan works commenting page, how frequent our calls will be, DRM and Open access projects.
  • 2005-02-06 - Orphan works, open access, status updates
  • 2005-02-13 - adopting CC attribution license, EU software patents, official listing of chapters
  • 2005-02-20 - Geneva declaration, begun work on Blogshine, launch of FC Tour, blogging
  • 2005-02-27 - Ideology, updates, P2P@Colby

March 2005

  • 2005-03-02 - How to start a chapter, what vocabulary to use, how to frame the issues
  • 2005-03-06 - Working on Blogshine, UAEM conference in SF, Copyfight documentary
  • 2005-03-13 - Blogshine, open access, signing on to proposals, legislation
  • 2005-03-16 - Grokster candlelight vigils, launch of CopyNight.org.
  • 2005-03-20 - Grokster vigil (NOT!), Orphan Works, FAQ
  • 2005-03-27 - Struggling chapters, meetings are never canceled.
  • 2005-03-30 - Local updates, Eben Moglen, how do we increase attendance on these calls?

April 2005

May 2005

  • 2005-05-01 - outlined summer plans
  • 2005-05-08 - incorporation
  • 2005-05-15 - Internationalization, summer plans, and website upgrade
  • 2005-05-22 - The Future(tm), Free Culture phase 2 conference results
  • 2005-05-29 - DRM, Local Chapters, love, and deception

Summer 2005

June 2005

  • 2005-06-01 - packet, website, steering committee for incorporation/non-profit stuff.
  • 2005-06-05 - Defcon trip, t-shirts, board member criteria.
  • 2005-06-06 - Steering Cmte. meeting with Matt Burrows on FC.o Inc.
  • 2005-06-10 - Board meeting to approve bank account
  • 2005-06-12 - domains, trademarking, $, etc.
  • 2005-06-15 - IRC chat: org. structure, etc.
  • 2005-06-19 - budget, etc.
  • 2005-06-25 - Skype chat with Luis from Brazil
  • 2005-06-26 - Can we hammer out the org structure already?

July 2005

August 2005

Also known as, "The month for starting new chapters"

  • 2005-08-01 - IRC meeting to talk about the manifesto.
  • 2005-08-07 - How to start a new chapter, what FreeCulture.org provides to help chapters get started.
  • 2005-08-14 - Open standards for gov't services, how to start a chapter
  • 2005-08-17 - "Emergency" how to start a chapter call
  • 2005-08-21 - Yet more on how to start a chapter?
  • 2005-08-28 - The conference call that didn't happen?... the Trademark paper was the only thing on the agenda.

2005-2006 academic year

September 2005

October 2005

  • 2005-10-02 - Cereal Solidarity, miscellanea
  • 2005-10-09 - Let's talk about spaceships, or anything but you and me, ok?
  • 2005-10-16 - Ain't talkin' 'bout love...
  • 2005-10-23 - Yay conference call!
  • 2005-10-30 - Checklist for new chapters, registration form?

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006