Difference between revisions of "Archive:Board10/2010-07-01"

From FreeCulture.org
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
[[Category:Board10]]
 +
[[Category:Board]]
 +
[[Category:Meeting]]
 +
 
* '''Date''': July 1, 2010
 
* '''Date''': July 1, 2010
 
* '''Time''': 5:15pm PT / 8:15pm ET /  
 
* '''Time''': 5:15pm PT / 8:15pm ET /  
Line 4: Line 8:
 
* '''Conference access code''': 952725#
 
* '''Conference access code''': 952725#
  
== Agenda ==
+
== Notes ==
 +
 
 +
===  Tshirts update ===
 +
* (139 + 158) shirts left
 +
* Check sent to Fred for Tshirt balance
 +
* Is there a FC NYU locker? (Aditi will check it out...)
 +
* Donovan volunteered to handle shipping in short term
 +
* Storage is for time between now and conference
 +
* Sales strategy = wait until we've re-upped the census/ chapter contacts
 +
 
 +
=== Faculty Advisory Board ===
 +
* Nothing lost from adding people
 +
* Reaching out to two more people: Lemos, Liang
 +
** Ask Elizabeth
 +
* Share invitation doc (Kevin)
 +
* Annual activity, reviving connections?
 +
 
 +
=== Process for "signing on" to things? ===
 +
* Hard to implement a simple rubric because we don't have a clear set of values to test against
 +
* Board members look at it / take a vote / discuss?
 +
* How can we make it something other than an executive decision?
 +
** Open something up to fc-discuss?
 +
** Two days open to block
 +
* Signing on as "Board members of..." a chapter-based org
 +
 
 +
=== ACTA / Donovan ===
 +
* Blog post potential
 +
 
 +
=== Census ===
 +
* Donovan is handling current census activity
 +
* Relevant google doc:
 +
** http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvbQ383XA3K1dF9NcmVMZlZ1M0ZycE1hNUNwbTFjWWc&hl=en#gid=0
  
=== Housekeeping ===
+
=== Web renovations ===
 +
* Parker will update us
  
* Faculty Advisory Board?
+
==== Chapter database stuff ====
* Tshirts update
+
* Chapters can fill out a gForm and it will post into a gDoc spreadsheet
* John R + amicus brief
+
** http://freeculture.org/starting-a-new-chapter/
* ACTA / Donovan
+
* Ideal workflow (== email + gdocs + python glue):
 +
** User notices "new chapter" link
 +
** Fills out form, clicks Submit
 +
** You are then subscribed to FC-Discuss
 +
** Your info is automatically entered into a spreadsheet
 +
** Someone from SFC emails "Hey! Saw that you registered!"
 +
** This person has a phone call
 +
** The new chapter is "approved" and appears on the front of the site
 +
 
 +
==== Main website design/content refresh stuff ====
 +
* Brainstorm doc:
 +
** https://docs0.google.com/document/edit?id=1iGmOMSDn3gofQbNdga87YmhT5FaFMV-eENpBeRkUWPU&hl=en#
 +
* How does the site read to newcomers/ potential members?
 +
** Friend testing?
 +
* Content changes can happen concurrently with design changes
 +
** Writing static pages
 +
http://wpmu.freeculture.org/
  
 
=== Conference 2011 ===
 
=== Conference 2011 ===
  
 
* Location hunt
 
* Location hunt
 +
** NYC or Boston
 +
* Space requirements?
 +
** Lecture hall (~300 capacity)
 +
** Classrooms for breakouts/unconf/workshops/etc (10 x ~20-30 cap ea.)
 +
* Time
 +
** Day 1: 7am-6pm
 +
** Day 2: 10am-6pm?
 +
* Date
 +
** Three-day weekends
 +
*** First choice: MLK, Jan 17
 +
*** Second choice: Pres, Feb 21
 +
** Optional third day  action/work/hack sessions
 +
* http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_Schedules/fedhol/2011.asp
 
* Regular IRC meeting?
 
* Regular IRC meeting?
 
+
* Make a conf11@ listserv
=== Web renovations ===
 
  
 
== TODO ==
 
== TODO ==
  
* Hit up David Doria re: Conf11 planning meeting in IRC
+
* Does the NYU FC locker exist? (Aditi)
 +
* parker: mail kozak letting him know that this is our course of action
 +
** If so, ship them to NYU
 +
** If not, is there someone else in NYC with space to store them?
 +
** If not not, ultimate back-up == PP's parents' place
 +
* Share invitation doc (Kevin)
 +
* Take census off KDs plate (email kevin donovan)
 +
* parker: get all the board members accounts on the wpmu install so that they can edit static page content
 +
* adi: mail board@, list the static pages at wpmu.freeculture.org, ask people to take care of revising things
 +
* parker: collect and package up the scattered notes about the site refresh--including old emails from moskowitz
 +
* Explore MIT contacts, Stata? (Kevin + everyone)
 +
** cc board@ on everyyyyything
 +
* parker: conference site updated. (new site should be at conference11.freeculture.org)
 +
* parker: get david doria and the board on the conference11@ list
 +
* parker: mail out to discuss@ inviting people to join the conference11@ list
 +
* Hit up David Doria re: Conf11 planning meeting in IRC (Kevin)

Latest revision as of 23:39, 11 August 2016


  • Date: July 1, 2010
  • Time: 5:15pm PT / 8:15pm ET /
  • Conference call number: (712) 451-6100
  • Conference access code: 952725#

Notes

Tshirts update

  • (139 + 158) shirts left
  • Check sent to Fred for Tshirt balance
  • Is there a FC NYU locker? (Aditi will check it out...)
  • Donovan volunteered to handle shipping in short term
  • Storage is for time between now and conference
  • Sales strategy = wait until we've re-upped the census/ chapter contacts

Faculty Advisory Board

  • Nothing lost from adding people
  • Reaching out to two more people: Lemos, Liang
    • Ask Elizabeth
  • Share invitation doc (Kevin)
  • Annual activity, reviving connections?

Process for "signing on" to things?

  • Hard to implement a simple rubric because we don't have a clear set of values to test against
  • Board members look at it / take a vote / discuss?
  • How can we make it something other than an executive decision?
    • Open something up to fc-discuss?
    • Two days open to block
  • Signing on as "Board members of..." a chapter-based org

ACTA / Donovan

  • Blog post potential

Census

Web renovations

  • Parker will update us

Chapter database stuff

  • Chapters can fill out a gForm and it will post into a gDoc spreadsheet
  • Ideal workflow (== email + gdocs + python glue):
    • User notices "new chapter" link
    • Fills out form, clicks Submit
    • You are then subscribed to FC-Discuss
    • Your info is automatically entered into a spreadsheet
    • Someone from SFC emails "Hey! Saw that you registered!"
    • This person has a phone call
    • The new chapter is "approved" and appears on the front of the site

Main website design/content refresh stuff

http://wpmu.freeculture.org/

Conference 2011

  • Location hunt
    • NYC or Boston
  • Space requirements?
    • Lecture hall (~300 capacity)
    • Classrooms for breakouts/unconf/workshops/etc (10 x ~20-30 cap ea.)
  • Time
    • Day 1: 7am-6pm
    • Day 2: 10am-6pm?
  • Date
    • Three-day weekends
      • First choice: MLK, Jan 17
      • Second choice: Pres, Feb 21
    • Optional third day action/work/hack sessions
  • http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_Schedules/fedhol/2011.asp
  • Regular IRC meeting?
  • Make a conf11@ listserv

TODO

  • Does the NYU FC locker exist? (Aditi)
  • parker: mail kozak letting him know that this is our course of action
    • If so, ship them to NYU
    • If not, is there someone else in NYC with space to store them?
    • If not not, ultimate back-up == PP's parents' place
  • Share invitation doc (Kevin)
  • Take census off KDs plate (email kevin donovan)
  • parker: get all the board members accounts on the wpmu install so that they can edit static page content
  • adi: mail board@, list the static pages at wpmu.freeculture.org, ask people to take care of revising things
  • parker: collect and package up the scattered notes about the site refresh--including old emails from moskowitz
  • Explore MIT contacts, Stata? (Kevin + everyone)
    • cc board@ on everyyyyything
  • parker: conference site updated. (new site should be at conference11.freeculture.org)
  • parker: get david doria and the board on the conference11@ list
  • parker: mail out to discuss@ inviting people to join the conference11@ list
  • Hit up David Doria re: Conf11 planning meeting in IRC (Kevin)