If you put your ?def into jibot, it makes introductions go a LOT faster. If you have no idea what this means, we'll explain in the meeting :)
We're reaching the end of the semester, so we should work on getting the chapter packet done so we can send it to new chapters for the fall.
OpenDocument Format Alliance
What do you think? Shall we join?
How can we promote the contest and help chapters encourage people to submit videos in the coming months?
What didn't we get to cover this meeting that should be placed on the agenda for next meeting? (This is a good way to make these agendas more participatory.)
- <pyrak> Parker Phinney, head of Chadwick Free Culture
- <mllerustad> Karen Rustad, Free Culture 5C.
- <grahl> Jan Hendrik Grahl, Florida Free Culture
- <conley> Conley, president of Free Culture at VT
- <Sparragus> Richard Kaufman, Vice-Pres of FC @ University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez
- <reevessa> Sarah, Free Culture at VT
- <FireBert> Mike Ayoob, Chadwick Free culture
- <sorbix> Alex Kozak, UC Berkeley (in and out)
- <tonyb486> Tony Biondo, Syosset
- <Fear_of_C> Nicholas LaRacuente, Swarthmore college
- <CandiceLBraddock> Candice, lake braddock secondary school
- <ftobia> frank tobia, running RPI free culture, working at CC as a tech intern this summer.
- <richbufc> Rich, Boston University chapter prez
no chapter affiliation (so no voting):
- <e-star> Elizabeth Stark, board member
- <paulproteus> Asheesh Laroia, Lead Server Wrangler for Students for Free Culture.
- <skyfaller_ppc> Nelson Pavlosky, fruitaholic
- Karen notes that suggested activities/events section is somewhat sparse
- Sparragus volunteers to add some flier templates and stuff to the Propaganda page.
OpenDoc Format Alliance
- we're in! (unanimous)
- think about it, advertise next semester
- Karen will give them an SFC logo
- also, volunteer if you'd like to serve on the judging panel.
- Rich volunteers