Here be the record of another conference call.
Please give us your:
- Name, school, class year
- One question that you'd like to ask about FreeCulture.org or starting/running a local chapter
Quick responses to each question, then moving on.
Week in review
- Comments on Comment on 37 CFR Part 202, anyone?
- What sort of events might our local chapters want to do next year? Brainstorm.
- Jimbo Wales campus tour
- Screenings of Thought Thieves contest winning films
- Mixtrade (see proposal)
- Speakers, discussion panels, debates, film screenings, lectures, concerts, reading circles, LAN parties, open source beer brewing parties, brown-bag lunches, listening parties, leafletting, public demonstrations, agit-prop street theater, revolutionary knitting circles...
- Organize volunteers to work on free software, Wikipedia, Project Gutenberg / Distributed Proofreaders, etc.
- Create content (and release it under a Creative Commons license) : produce a podcast or show on your campus radio station or low-power FM, film or photograph campus events and share the files online
- Activism: meet with your Congressman; organize call-ins or letter-writing campaigns; circulate petitions; pressure your university or local community for change; etc.
- see also Local projects
- Do any of these events require national coordination?