Archive:Board Meeting 04-27-2008
(Redirected from Board Meeting 04-27-2008)
- Picked a date: October Friday 10th -> Monday the 13th 2008
- Main day will be on Saturday
- Social Activities / etc. on Friday
- Sunday workshops / etc.
- Optimally West coast.
- Probably San Francisco
- Local Students
- Reach out to department heads
- Talk to Mozilla Foundation
- Sponsors, etc.
- Draft solicit e-mail
- Berkeley, USC.
- Organize care package things to be at conference.
- Usual round of suspects
- Keep looking
- Press freedom / ACLU / type orgs
- Fred investigate leads with his friends :)
- Elizabeth will do so as well
- Tenative budget of ~$30k, covering:
- Travel and accomodations
- Soliciting students who need to come
- Figuring criteria
- Priority given to students
- Reenforcing the global community of students for free culture activists
- Learning about activism as a practice
- Learning how to run clubs
- Goal of 100 heads
- E-mail update to chapters / discuss
- How the remainder of drafted ByLaws will become internal policy
- Diane Cabell is helping us.
- Bank Account
- Elizabeth and Fred will do it in the next week or two
- From this point forward we will be able to seek funding for the conference.
- Intent to file, etc.