- 1 Boarding meeting AFK
- 2 Chapter census
- 3 New chapters?
- 4 Alumni, defunct chapters?
- 5 Faculty advisory board
- 6 OA Week
- 7 Tools?
- 8 SFC employee?
- 9 Self-documentation
- 10 Conference
- 11 Election committee
- 12 Next actions
- 13 Next call
Boarding meeting AFK
- Linked to google doc instead of db
- Wanted feature: be able to hide a chapter without deleting things
- Next actions
- Ideally no more broken links
- List on site should better match reality
- Get chapter leaders on chapters@
- Into which form is this data going?
- Who is monitoring this?
- Responding to chapter inquiries
Alumni, defunct chapters?
- Need simple way to keep in touch with alumni members
- Mechanism to store info about inactive chapters so we can help people who are interested in re-activation
Faculty advisory board
- Need to reach out for the fall
Breakout the list
- Biella Coleman
- Pat Aufderheider
- Stephen Duncombe
- Larry Lessig
- Mike Nelson
- Wendy Seltzer
- Ed Felten
- Henry Jenkins
- James Boyle
- Rebecca Mackinnon
- Kembrew McLeod
- Right to research campaign resources
- Integrate with chapter census
- Overprice tags
- Gdocs is becoming unwieldy
- Need a space in addition to the wiki that is private
- Better wiki gardening
- Could we have a central index gdoc with links to all the other important ones
- To enable easier handoff
- Basecamp/project management service?
- Thinking about half-time employment
- Monthly stipend?
- Is there a band-aid solution?
- What needs to happen before we reach out to employees?
- Rock + hard place
- Reasons we haven't been moving forward are things that would be solved by employee
Paths to victory
- Raising money for an employee to help us get to 501(c)3
- With the goal of this person potentially becoming the full employee
- Finish 501(c)3 process
- How to run a conference
- "How to select a date"
- "How I secure a space"
- Structure around Wheeler
- How to make this day more productive?
- Starting things in advance
- Retaining some flexibility for issues that jump up
- Generate 1page summary
Travel, chapter outreach
- "Save the date"
- Conf11 design, blog skin, flyers, logo
- Ducruet said she'd help with design
- Make a call on discuss@, chapters@
- Create a gdoc with things to do
- Parker blog post re gdocs
- Another push to get everyone on discuss@
- Update leaders contacts on chapters@
- Chop up FAB contact list and send emails "hi! fall 2010"
- Final blog post re: last 3 FAB members
- Save the date for chapters
- Blog post with 3 things they can do (easy, easy, hard) + links to oaweek.org (Adi)
- OA at 2 levels: university + national policy (FERPA, )
- Email broad@, fred, elizabeth, donovan, alex
- Stipend for spring semester
- Job is to lay foundation for a longer-term employee
- Also experiment in working with an employee
- How to run a conference wiki page (Aditi)
- Driscoll share FCX docs
- Mail discuss re: unconference day planning (Driscoll)
- Generating 1-page (Driscoll)
- Follow up on previous year's fundraising (Driscoll)
- Save the date: email (Aditi)
- Save the date / announcement: (Andrea)
- Put content on wordpress install (Adi + Parker)
- Nudge Christina about imagery (Parker)
- On-going brainstorming around invitees (Everyone)
- 10/24, 4pm ET / 1pm PT