This is yet another meeting, involving the somewhat dormant board of directors.
- open access project
- state of the org
- funding / 501(c)3
- Karen will talk to numist about a booth / BOF session at http://fosscon.org/ Sept 22-23 in San Diego
- UF wants to get their Open Art show up in Second Life, on CC's island next to the existing art show display. UF should talk to CC people and Erin at Emerson about getting FC.o's Second Life presence running.
Open Access Project
- We have 14 schools attempting to do events with speakers / a panel
- We have 7 more schools only tabling, distributing propaganda / writing letters
- The ATA is shipping stickers etc. to participating schools, and working with us to locate speakers near our campuses.
- We should share resources... send anything you make, e.g. Harvard's bookmarks, to Gavin, and he'll get it posted to the ATA student website, along with the materials that the ATA is making.
- Please for goodness sake reply to Gavin's latest Chapters e-mail and tell him about the details of your event, so that he can post that to our blog etc.
Free Music / OLPC project
- OLPC wants us to curate a collection of "the best free / CC-licensed music". This will be placed on servers around the developing world apparently, not on each OLPC laptop.
- Asheesh has installed a copy of CChost for us at freemusic.freeculture.org but it needs to be set up / customized
- PHASE 1: Due Feb 20-ish. Find pre-existing CC music. (for the test pcs)
- PHASE 2: Due April 1. Encourage people to record and license CC music. (for all OLPCs, in theory)
Fred had to leave... when is our next meeting?
- Elizabeth is not free at any of the times that Fred said he is free.