This is a board meeting. There are other meetings.
RCCT established (Rotating Chair-Clerk Thing)
- At the start of each meeting we pick someone to run the meeting
- Their job is to make sure only one person talks at once, and to keep the meeting on task
- Nelson is RCCT this meeting
- Bios should be done once Nelson sends his in (and once Gavin writes his), so hopefully they'll be done shortly.
- Are we using Fred's bio? He's not an official board member yet...
- No, Fred's bio gets posted when he becomes an official board member
- Gavin will post the bios today.
- We are working on:
- Deadlines for papers:
- (1) rough drafts of everything, due when we get to Harvard
- (2) Final Harvard drafts, comment period begins
- (3) End of comment period, we try to incorporate comments into the papers
- (4) Final final drafts
- When do people get there?
- Gavin arrives around noon, has nothing to do
- Elizabeth has class until 5 pm (Portuguese 1-2, Cyberlaw 2-5)
- Nelson arrives sometime after 5pm (depending on the Chinatown bus and such)
- John Wilbanks of Science Commons speaks at 7pm
- Karen arrives at the airport at 10pm, so Cambridge around 11pm?
- Living arrangements at Harvard
- They have mattresses, pillows, sheets
- May need to bring towels
- Are we spending any more FC.o money on transport around town / food?
- Where are we meeting when we get there?
- Somewhere at Harvard U?
- In Elizabeth's classroom?
- Elizabeth will find us a room.
- How are we working when we are there?
- One person types, and we all look at it on a projector?
- Everyone types at once? Gavin doesn't have a laptop.
- We can easily eat lunch at the "Hark" at HLS on Thursday and Friday
- Food will be provided at Cyberlaw events on Wed and possibly Thurs; Fri we can go out to eat w/Harvard FC
- No point in eating lunch where we work if we have to move to Elizabeth's classroom... (but what if we are meeting in her classroom?)
Weekly e-mail updates
- Every week each board member sends an e-mail to the board list about what they've done this week and what they're working on.
- This may or may not include local news: Nelson and Fred seem to like local news, Gavin doesn't, it really doesn't matter
- The first weekly e-mail update happens on Tuesday (tomorrow)