This is a General Meeting. It is scheduled for Sunday, March 26, 2006 from 8-9 PM Eastern Standard Time on the #freeculture IRC channel. It is open to everyone.
- Christopher is taking minutes
- Nelson from Swarthmore, is skyfaller on IRC
- Asheesh from JHU, is paulproteus|jhu on IRC
- Christopher from University of Notre Dame, is cwilkin on IRC
- Nicholas from Iowa, is ibm5_25 on IRC
- Alex from Swarthmore, is ABenn on IRC
- Luke from Swarthmore, is ninechars on IRC
- Karen from Scripps College in Claremont, is mllerustad on IRC
- David from Hamilton, is elpresidente on IRC
- Fred from NYU (graduated), is mecredis on IRC
- Nelson is running the meeting
- Christopher agrees to take over duties of announcing/agendaing/reminding people about meetings
- Asheesh is handling the issue of having the Conference Registration page notify freedom@freeculture. See the related bug
- Housing is germane
- Travel is the problem of Swarthmore
- Luke arrived, he welcomed suggestions for the press release
- Help is needed once press release goes out
- Chris will announce another meeting, 9pm est Wednesday
- Issue: All chapters are NOT subscribed to a single mailing list
- Aphid brings up what his chapter is doing... and needs to blog it
- Funding is an issue
- Webteam needs to set up freeculture.org for donations
- It is proposed that there be a fee with the conference
- Webteam needs to create a webstore to sell t-shirts
- Creative Commons to do it, if Downhill Battle can't do it easily
- We need to print more of the exsiting
- We need to integrate with DHB
- Nelson says:
- Get the webstore and DHB shirts up
- Print more shirts, sell them @ conference
- We don't have any XL
- New Designs discussion tabled
- Selling T-Shirts at the conference
- conference T-shirt logistics
- T-Shirts are in Worchester, Mass
- 501(c)3 status is in progress
- New T-Shirt Designs
People to Contact
Please help contact the press... see Summit 2006 Press Release. Move press orgs to "Contacted" once they've been contacted. List your school if you contact them! Also, please list what comes of you contacting them, links helpful!
- Edit the press release to fit you and your school
The National Summit 2006 coming up soon (less than a month!)
- blogged http://freeculture.org/blog/2006/03/23/national-conference-april-21-23/
- Official webpage created http://www.freeculture.org/summit2006/
- Registration page operational http://www.freeculture.org/summit2006/register.php
User: Skyfaller and other Swatties still need help:
- Press release needs to be written / distributed to:
- our chapters
- random people from the Philly area
- how are we going to get everyone to Swarthmore, PA?
- can chapters use some of their funding to pay travel expenses?
- where will people stay?
- In dorms at Swarthmore, if they're students or recent graduates. Old people will have to get more creative, we're not supposed to put them up in our dorms.
Other Items We Will Most Likely Not Get To
- where should newbies that are new to being serious FC advocates look for material on the subject (OK, I read Lessig's "Free Culture", now what?)?
- in-depth "Howto Start Your Own Chapter" guide?
Summit 2006 Summit 2006 Press Release